A New York Times Op-Ed by Roger Ailes’s Son Roger Ailsaime: The Way of the Knife
Roger Ailing, the former CEO of Fox News, will retire from the company he founded next month, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.
The move was announced in a statement from Ailes, who has been in hospital for several weeks due to a blood clot.
The New York Post reported that the move comes after his son Roger, who works as an entertainment reporter for CNN, told the paper that his father was a “devastated man” who had lost his faith in journalism.
“Roger Ailes is no longer at Fox News,” the statement said.
“He has decided that the time has come to leave the network he co-founded and run for the last 15 years.”
The New Yorker magazine reported that Roger Ainsaid that his parents were “not only the best friends I’ve ever had, they were the best parents I could ever ask for.
They were great people who were genuinely committed to the pursuit of truth and accuracy.”
Ailes has been on the defensive since he was forced to step down from his job as chairman of the company in March.
His exit was a huge blow to the media company he built from the ground up, and came just weeks after CNN fired two top staffers over what was described as an attempt to pressure the company into a negative political agenda.
Ailes was removed from his role as CEO after a series of high-profile scandals including sexual harassment allegations against several top executives.
Aileds son Roger said in an interview with the New York Daily News last week that the decision to retire came as a shock.
“My father is not coming back.
It’s not just the fact that he’s leaving, but the fact he’s retiring,” he said.
Ailing is currently undergoing treatment for a blood clots, according to The Washington Post. “
It was a difficult time for everyone,” he added.
Ailing is currently undergoing treatment for a blood clots, according to The Washington Post.
Fox News declined to comment on the reported move, but has been under fire for several years over its hiring practices.
A report by Politico last month revealed that the company hired more women for the first time in its history and that it was also moving to eliminate senior positions for women executives.
“Fox News and its owners have been accused of sexism and sexual harassment and discrimination,” the report read.
“The company’s chief executive, Roger Aile, has apologized to women and their allies and promised to take steps to ensure that this does not happen again.”
The network has been rocked by multiple sexual harassment complaints, including accusations that Ailes forced himself on multiple female staffers.
The network was also recently accused of hiring a man as a talent scout, despite multiple investigations into the allegations.
A spokesperson for Ailes did not immediately respond to a request for comment.